I am so happy to be finally sharing this content with you guys. I get content requests for information on Australian working holiday visas all the time, but as I haven’t actually done one myself (yet) – I haven’t wanted to inaccurately blab about a topic I’m not an expert in.
This is where my good friend and Australian working holiday visa queen, Christianne from Backpacking Bananas, came to our rescue.
Curious about the visa myself, I sat Christianne down a month or so ago and picked her brains with all the questions I had and all the questions you often ask me.
Your guide to an Australian working holiday visa…
It’s pretty long video sitting at 22 minutes but it’s a juicy one filled with so much knowledge and all the tips…
In case there’s a certain piece of information that you are looking for and, well, you just cannot be bothered to watch the whole video. Don’t you worry, I got you!
Here’s a break down of what we cover in the guide and the time at which you can locate that piece of information…
- 00:34 I want work in Australia. What do I do first?
- 01:23 The application process…
Once your visa has been accepted…
- 02:54 Book your flight
Arriving in Australia…
- 03:00 Requirements upon arrival
- 03:53 Setting up a bank account
- 05:03 A little on ‘getting sponsored’
- 05:37 What kind of jobs can people expect to be doing on a working holiday visa?
- 07:23 Recruitment agencies
- 08:10 Hostel noticeboards
- 08:54 Securing a job
- 10:22 Getting an Australian sim card
- 10.54 ‘Would you recommend sorting a job before you arrive in Australia?’
- 12.14 Second year visas
- 12:40 Completing your rural work
- 13:33 ‘What kind of jobs can you expect to do for rural work?’
- 14:22 ‘How do you go about finding rural work?’
- 15:39 Advice for anyone looking to do their Australian working holiday visa…
- 17:33 ‘Is there anything you know now about working holidays in Australia that you wish you had known before?
- 17.54 Companies that will help you with the whole process
- 20:08 ‘If you could choose between Australia and New Zealand to work, which would you choose?’
Be sure to check out the other videos Christianne and I have done together…
Have you been to Australia on a working holiday visa?
What are your top tips? I’d love to know!
Love as always and happy adventuring,
Other posts on my blog that I think you'd like...VIEW ALL
Did you find this post helpful? I’d love you to share it for me.
I can’t do this without you.
Pin and save this blog post for later…