Bali is one of my favourite places in the entire world.
It’s cheap (particularly when you compare it to the likes of London), it’s health-conscious (endless amounts of yummy nutritious food), the people in Bali are so lovely and it’s just ridiculously beautiful, from the shops and the sunsets, to the buildings and the weather. I’ve been lucky enough to visit Bali four times now, and I can’t wait to come back as soon as possible.
Other travel guides we think you will love…
- The best things to do in Bali
- The best time to go to Bali: Which month is best?
- Where to stay in Bali – see Bali on a map
- The best wellness things to do in Bali: The best retreats, cafes and spas
- The best places for brunch and coffee in Uluwatu, Bali
- A guide to exploring Ubud, Bali
- An Uluwatu Bali travel guide: The best things to do, see and eat
Based on the adventures I’ve enjoyed on this gorgeous island, I’ve put together a list of things to do, see, experience and eat on your next trip to Bali.
Here’s the ultimate Bali bucket list…
1. Climb Mt. Batur at sunrise.
Ascend to the summit of Bali’s active volcano for out-of-this-world views across the island. To catch the sunrise from above the clouds (1717m) you must begin the hike at 4am. Trust me… it’s worth it. Read about my Mt. Batur adventure here.
Check out my complete guide to Bali here.
2. Learn to surf.
Padang Padang and Uluwatu have great surf communities! Check out my guide to Uluwatu here.
3. Enjoy a luxury stay in a villa with your nearest and dearest.
Check out my bucket list of Bali AirBnbs here!
4. Indulge in some wellness and self-care at a spa resort.
I’ve really focussed on my self-care and wellness on my most recent trip to Bali. Check out my guides to spa resorts I’ve visited…
5. Watch the sunset in Seminyak.
6. Try a yoga class in the spiritual hub of Ubud.
7. Paraglide and appreciate the island from above.
It was so fun, and something I’d wanted to do for age. Definitely not as scary as I thought it was going to be, either. Book your experience here.
8. Take a boat out at sunrise in Lovina and watch the dolphins play.
9. Enjoy cocktails with a view at ‘Rock Bar’.
Located in Jimbaran, this bar is built over the top of a rock formation so you have the best view of the Indian Ocean as you sip on your drink of choice. For more info, check out the website here.
Check out my travel hacks for travelling in Bali here.
Check out my guide for budgeting for Bali here.
10. Head to Hotel Tugu in Canggu for an authentic Balinese evening.
11. Enjoy the most beautiful and nourishing acai and smoothie bowls.
Bali is the perfect place to fuel your body with all the vitamins it needs. Check out my coffee and brunch guide to Canggu here.
12. Get a Balinese massage.
13. Take a local cooking class.
14. Take a trip to Nusa Lembongan and dive with manta rays.
15. Say hello to the monkeys in the Ubud monkey forest.
16. Eat local food in a Warung or at a market.
17. Go jungle trekking in West Bali National Park.
18. Be Tarzan and take on the tree top course in the Bali Botanical Gardens.
19. Visit the Tegalalang Rice Fields in Ubud.
20. Get that picture on the Ubud Bali swing.
21. Rent a moped and explore the island at your own pace.
Don’t forget to wear a helmet!
22. Visit Aling-Aling for cliff jumping and sliding down a waterfall.
Have you been to Bali?
What’s on your Bali bucket list? I’d love to know!
Love as always and happy adventuring,